Okay...this post might be a little weird...
Today I had surgery (well...really just a little outpatient procedure) but I have had this big "lump" on the top of my head for many years. It started out as a pretty tiny bump but over the past few years it has just gotten bigger... and bigger.. and bigger... like... so big that I was starting to think it was turning into Isabel's new sibling.... In fact, I fully expected it to keep growing until it took over my whole head! It didn't really hurt or anything- it was just kind of embarassing. I never wanted anyone to touch the top of my head except my hubby (and my darling sister/stylist). My doctor assured me that it wasn't anything serious but she agreed it was probably time to take it out. So- Spring Break Day 2.... have my "baby bump" removed.
Jason came to give me moral support but he got kind of squeamish in the Dr.'s office. The most traumatic part of the whole procedure was probably getting my head shaved. (Yes... you heard me correctly. She had to shave a small patch of my hair) Then she gave me an injection to numb my head. That stung a little. But, it was all done in about 30 minutes. I even got one stitch to show for it!
Ahhh... I felt so much lighter afterward! I actually asked my Dr. to let me weigh myself again after the procedure but she just laughed (I was serious). My sweet sister brought me flowers afterward and my mom baked me a casserole. I could get used to that.
Here's hoping that my Spring Break plans get a little better!





5 comments:
love it! so proud of you! love you very much sista love! have an awesome spring break, then it countdown to summer!
Annie, Glad you could get rid of your bump. I was cracking up at your blog. Glad you are having a great sprink break. Enjoy!!! Little Bel is so adorable.
I am glad your surgery went well. No more lil' Cleta :) Love L
Ohh no that was like a built in "bump it"...how are you going to get good height on your hair now? J/K glad it went well!!!
Ha!!! Geri- that is so funny you say that because I said the SAME thing. I said it was giving me a lop-sided "bump it" effect!
lol
Post a Comment