Thursday, March 25, 2010

A New Baby!!!



...and NO it is not mine! I can finally officially announce the great news on this blog. Mandy and Zack are pregnant! (Well really just Mandy is pregnant:)Today they saw the doctor and had an ultrasound. My little neice or nephew is about 8 weeks old and had a heart beat and everything! Wow- I am so excited. I can't believe I am going to be an aunt. I think it might be like being a mom but with benefits (like you get to love up the baby but then send it home so you can sleep at night) Really- I just can't wait. As most of you know my sister is my best friend and lives approx. 2 minutes from me so I almost feel like I am having this baby too. (I know... I know... boundaries - ha ha)
On a more serious note, about two weeks ago Mandy took a pregnancy test and then went to see her Dr. because she beieved she was already about 8 weeks along. They were able to confirm her pregnancy- see a baby- but no heart beat. It was really devastating and we were afraid that she was going to lose the pregnancy. They tried three times to ultrasound her with no luck. She had to do some blood tests- and then wait to find out if the pregnancy was viable.(Allt he while her and Zack had a vacation planned in the Bahamas so they were waiting to hear the news from another country)The Dr. office called to tell them YES she was still pregnant and it turns out she just had her dates wrong! So the good news is that this baby is due Nov. 1st (but really I am secretly pushing for Halloween because the Davis family is NUTS for Halloween)Mandy has zero patience- like me- so of course she will find out the baby's sex. My bet is on a boy- but I am pretty much always wrong when it comes to prediciting so we'll see.
Happy Day!

No comments: