Tuesday, March 2, 2010

My Big Girl!

My big girl! Isabel is going to be 1 years old on Friday! What?!
Is that even possible? She is such a grown up now we can't get over it. She is babbling, walking, and showing off her stubborn, headstrong attittude. (Where does she get that from?) She is tall, strong, and healthy even though she still has problems with her stomach and throwing up. We have cut all the dairy out of her diet again and (it seems like) it may be helping. We are still having trouble with the biting though. Yes... she bit a kid again at school this week (and scratched!) We are kind of at our wit's end about it. I feel guilty when I pick her up and they give me the "incident report". Of course, I wonder - are we bad parents? Are we somehow encouraging this? Is she just a little juvenile delinquent? Is she a mean baby? The teachers just assure me that it is normal behavior for some babies and that she doesn't mean anything bad by it. She just loves to bite things... put things in her mouth, and that's how she explores her world.
Well.... I am holding my breath that she doesn't get herself kicked out of school (daycare drop-out?) at such a young age.
Anyway, we are looking forward to her real birthday Friday and really looking forward to her birthday party the next weekend. My little monkey is going to have a monkey-themed bash with a monkey cake. Good times!

2 comments:

Geri said...

Always something isn't it! Brody isn't yet into biting however he has been bit. :( She's a doll...!

Megan said...

I can't believe she's already turning one. She is such an adorable little girl. And don't worry about the biting ... its always something. Have a great party with her.