Last Friday, March 5th was Isabel's first birthday. Jason and I both had to work and then we had community group for church that evening so we didn't get to do too much celebrating with her. I did make her a homemade carrot cake which she seemed to really enjoy though (even though I forgot it in the oven for an extra 20 minutes while watching American idol- oops). We are looking forward to celebrating much more at her birthday party next week!
Yum.... that cake looks great mom. Sure hope it doesn't make me throw up!
Yep... delicious. And she kept it down- phew!
When we got home from school we found a giant balloon on our front door from Grandma Kathy.
Bel loved it!
Both Isabel's Arkansas aunts also sent her presents. An Elmo birthday video from Aunt Belinda- (We actually blame Aunt Belinda for starting Isabel's Elmo obsession when she mailed the first two videos "The Best of Elmo" and "Cinderelmo" ) - and a cute outfit, socks, and monkey pajamas from Aunt Debby.
Isabel is modeling them here. The weather was great last weekend (okay- great is a stretch but the weather was above freezing for a change) so we took her for a spin in her new pink car. I am REALLY looking forward to getting outside again soon.
On Saturday we also took Isabel to her first birthday party. Her friend Abbie turned one-year-old and we went to their house for the afternoon to celebrate. There were a lot of other little girls there just about Isabel's age. It was funny to watch her interact with all the new kids. She stood back and watched for a few minutes- just kind of taking it all in (like her dad) and then suddenly jumped in and took all the toys from the other babies and muscled her way to the center (Probably just organizing a party game- like her mom :)
Here it looks like Abbie is telling Bel a secret. I wonder what they are plotting? Anyway, it was a fun and busy birthday weekend. So crazy to think that we have a 1 year old now. A year ago I would never have imagined how much my life would have changed in just 365 days. I also would never have realized how much I could fall in love with my little daughter. It sounds cheesy and everyone says that, but it is really true. I love Isabel in a way that is overwhelming and consuming. She is the greatest gift God ever gave me. That is not to say I haven't had my hard days.. days where I have felt like I can't do this, I stink at being a mom, it is too hard, etc..... but in the end it is SO worth it.















2 comments:
She is a cutie! Love L
i love my little fig! I can not believe that she is one years old already!? i swear ... they are right... the older you get the faster it goes. she is a little woman now and her Aunt Mandy and Uncle Zack love her dearly! love you Leppins
Post a Comment