Tuesday, March 16, 2010

A Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day....

Ugh.
Today was just one of those days. I had too much to do and not enough time to do it. Okay, well most days feel like that now that I am a working mom, but today just hit me kind of hard. After working all day, and then supervising a student council meeting, I got to attend a contentious budget meeting with my assistant superintendant. There we talked about cutting language arts classes, teachers losing their jobs and a new curriculum that I already hate. Running late from that, I rushed to daycare to pick up Isabel (LATE) only to find that she had a bad day and had once again bitten someone. My heart sank. I hardly made it to the parking lot before I lost it in tears.
I just felt like a crummy mom. Like if maybe I hadn't left her at daycare so long maybe she wouldn't have bitten someone. Of course then I think about how I am only with her for about three hours out of the day and  her teachers at school are with her for eight or nine hours. Guilt. Guilt. Yet when I am at home I have no time to grade papers or lesson plan or do the things I used to do for work because I want to spend quality time with her. Not to mention all of the other things I want to do each day for myself like have actual conversations with my husband, workout, do my bible study, call back good friends etc... I know, I know. That is the life of a mom and most days I can roll with it. But today, not so much.
So, after my mini meltdown Jason and I decided just to stop somewhere for dinner instead of trying to deal with making dinner, dishes etc. Unfortuntaely, Isabel had other plans and she decided to start screaming in the restaurant as soon as our food arrived. Needless to say we got a to-go box and headed home.
It was loooong day. Now I am just ready to veg out and watch Idol. I don't even want to think about the piles of laundry, daycare bags to pack etc. I was hoping to post some of Isabel's birthday pics here from the party this past weekend but it turns out my friend who took them all won't be able to send them until next week. Bummer- because I didn't take a single one! I know they are going to be really stinkin cute though- In the meantime I just need to look at this sweet face when I get too stressed and smile.

7 comments:

JoAnn Davis said...

Hang in there Annie, you will have good days and bad days, but you will figure out how to make everything work for you, and it will get much easier as Isabel gets older. Remember that there are some good studies showing advantages for babies who attend daycare - you have already experienced some of them with all the colds and runny noses - A fabulous immune system is developing (for all of you)!

mandy said...

wonderful sister of mine,
you are an Amazing mother and you are doing the best you can! i promise you everything will be ok. But this why moms need support groups. lol. I am always so amazed inhow you find the time to go that extra mile for both bell and your job. you are doing awesome! love you mucho, and that figs face is too cute! love you sister!

Geri said...

I have a tear in my eye for you, I've SOOO been there. The life of a working mommy, isn't easy! You are doing a great job Annie...!!!!!

Terri said...

Annie, you are a great mom! I know sometimes life is overwhelming, but you are such an amazing mom, wife, and friend! I am not at the working mom stage yet, but I am sure in a year I will be writing something on my blog VERY similar to this one and I will be calling for advice! Keep smilin girl, you are great!!

Megan said...

Oh Annie, I wish I could give you a hug. Isabel is lucky to have such a great mommy. You do a great job. I'm sorry you had such a rough day and really hope the rest of the week goes better. And as a stay at home mom ... sometimes I miss work. =) Can't wait to see the pics from her birthday.

Anonymous said...

Hang in there Annie. You are a wonderful mother because you worry :) Love L

Anonymous said...

Aww! Thanks you guys. I appreciate the love and support. Just a mini-meltdown but it was kind of fun to virtually vent. (And it was fun to see that someone is actually reading my blog!:)
Thanks all-
Love
Annie