Thursday, June 11, 2009

R.I.P Miracle Blanket

Well.... we knew this day would finally come. Today we had to retire the Miracle Blanket (a.k.a the world's most amazing sleep swaddle.) There are many tears from mom...
I should start by explaining that until our friend Karen introduced us to the Miracle Blanket we were waking up with our little angel every two hours. I was actually a zombie. This swaddle worked wonders because it was the only blanket that was strong enough to keep Bell's arms and legs tucked in while she slept. After we started using it she started falling asleep faster and sleeping longer. Sometimes even 8 or 9 hours at a time at just 8 weeks. Now without the blanket it is almost impossible to get Bell to sleep for naps or at night. To say that we have grown dependent on our Miracle Blanket is an understatement.
So... today about 20 minutes into Isabel's nap I heard a scary, high-pitched cry. I ran into her room to see what was wrong and you'll never believe what I saw. Yes... Isabel rolled herself over onto her stomach! She was as surprised by it as I was. She couldn't stop crying. Now- while I was SOOO excited and shocked that she rolled over for the first time, I was also sad to realize that it is probably no longer safe to leave her in burrito wrap. Without the use of her arms she could have trouble breathing. So- goodbye Miracle Blanket- Hello semi-mobile baby!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so proud of her :) Love L

Geri said...

YEA!! Brody rolled from tummy to back but not back to tummy. we are still swaddling brody but we leave one arm out just in case he roles he has one arm...maybe try that! We too are dependent on the swaddle!