Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Isabel Goes for a Ride... (piece of cake)




Today I attempted to run some errands by myself (with Isabel). Wow! We only planned to go to the post office and dry cleaner right here in town. After two wardrobe changes, (she had an accident in the first outfit that took me ten minutes to put on her because she is so wiggly and floppy-headed) I packed my purse, the diaper bag, her carrier, the shirts for dry cleaning and the letters to mail and made my way out to the car. Now, you would think the rest would be easy. However, I still haven't gotten the hang of getting her seat locked into the car base so I stood outside and fiddled with it for five minutes. In the meantime I dropped the letters and clothes and had to chase them down. This took several minutes to get us in the car and ready to go. I really hope the neighbors were not watching (especially since I realized I forgot to put on my own socks before we left because I was focused on keeping Isabel's on her feet)
I dragged her carrier into the cleaners with me and luckily this time it was easier to get her "clicked" back into the car base. (BTW the lady at the cleaners thought she was adorable and I had to agree) We finally made it home but I must say that running errands is more challenging than it used to be! I'm sure we will get used to it-

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is when you say...mom can you watch Isabel for an hour or so ha-ha! Cute pictures! Love L

Anonymous said...

Awe Annie she is adorable. Let me know when you are up to visitors because I would absolutely LOVE to meet her!!!

Geri said...

OMG i'm dying..i can totally relate! The first time i ventured out alone i couldn't get Brody's car seat out of the base...THANK GOD i had the owners manual in the car cause i had to look it up!! LOL! Oh the joys of motherhood!!!! It does get easier, just keep doing it!

Anonymous said...

How brave of you to venture out on your own so soon. I can relate to not getting the carrier locked in... I had trouble getting it out at the grocery store with Gavyn when Jason and Kazu when to NY for a wedding. Had to ask a passing lady with 2 kids for help. If I were closer I'd come over and baby sit once in awhile... Hugs... Aunt Joan