Thursday, March 12, 2009

Happy One Week Birthday!


Wow! Isabel is already one week old. Yesterday was her actual due date. Jason and I are loving every minute of getting to know our little angel. We have already learned so much. We can swaddle, change diapers, and breastfeed (well I am working on that one) In fact, we are no longer afraid that her head will fall off or that we will drop her if we don't clutch her tightly with both hands. Now- if we could just figure out how to get some sleep we would really be cooking.
What a pretty girl. She doesn't seem to like taking her picture much though. She always makes a sour face or closes her eyes. In this pic it looks as if she is examing her nails.
We call this look- "grumpy old man". Jason thinks she looks like she is trying to use mind control on us. Something like " ha ha sleep...you will never sleep again..."
It looks like she is screaming here but she is actually just yawning. Isabel is a major sleeper... and yawner. She also has a mad case of the hiccups. She has hiccuping spells several times a day. I am not surprised though since she had these daily in the womb.

2 comments:

Megan said...

Yeah! You survived your first week. Its so scary at first, isn't it? I'm sure you're doing great and she is adorable. The breastfeeding does get better. Just hang in there.

Anonymous said...

I can't tell who she resembles more yet. Love L