Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Happy Birthday Isabel Grace Leppin!

She's finally here! On Thursday, March 5th at 11:59 am Isabel Grace Leppin was born via c-section. She was 6 pounds and 6 ounces- 20 inches long. The doctors commented she has long, skinny legs, thin arms and big feet. She is tall and lean, our little "model" (definitely not genes from her momma!)

The surgery went off without a hitch. We were pretty nervous beforehand but my parents, sister, Grandpa Davis, Bill, Marsha, and Aaron were all there to help us through it. It is pretty amazing because once they got me prepped and gave me the drugs, little Isabel was born in a matter of minutes. Of course she was still breech and her head was very high up in my abdomen. LOTS of pulling and tugging were needed to get her out. I think she was warm and comfy and not ready to be born just yet. Hearing her first cries was the most amazing thing- I heard her before I could even see her. Very emotional..... I cried tears of joy and relief.
Jason got to go over to the area where they weigh her and check her vitals. She was very slippery and messy. He was not a fan of cutting the cord. (I don't blame him!) Jason was amazed and a little shell-shocked. He told me that he was focusing on Isabel and trying his hardest not to see what was going on beyond the big, blue curtain. He thought watching them put my insides back together might make him a bit woozy. (Again,.. I don't blame him!) You never saw such a proud daddy though.


Then it was back to the room to recover and finally get to hold and meet my little girl. That entire afternoon is a bit of a blur. (Possibly from the drugs) but more likely because of the euphoria and joy we were feeling. Jason and I are so lucky and blessed. We prayed during the entire pregnancy for a healthy, safe delivery and the Lord granted it. Let the adventure begin!

6 comments:

Megan said...

Yeah!!!!! I've been checking every day for an update. So glad everything went ok and everyone is healthy. She looks beautiful. Try to enjoy these first moments and good luck with the breastfeeding!!

Anonymous said...

She is beautiful. You are so blessed to have a wonderful family. I am glad everything went well. I can't wait to meet the new Leppin. Love L

Geri said...

We are so excited for you guys! What a beautiful baby and what a blessed event...enjoy your new bundle of joy! We can't wait to meet her...
Love,
Geri, Jason and Brody

Anonymous said...

CONGRATS TO ALL AND WELCOME ISABEL GRACE.... Glad all went well. Get as much rest in the hospital as you can because when you get home it will be limited, especially if you are breast feeding. But if it doesn't work out don't let it be a hang up. Kazu tried it both times and only lasted about 6 weeks with Aidyn and maybe 4 - 5 with Gavyn. Love you all... can't wait to meet Isabel. Love Aunt Joan

Anonymous said...

I cried and smiled at the same time when I saw the pictures of our precious new family member. Tears of joy, of course! We are so anxious to see Isabel in person. So glad everything went well for you, Annie. Daddy Jason, we are proud of you for not passing out! Love, Belinda and Bill

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful picture!