Friday, October 8, 2010

Scarecrow Festival

Even though I have been teaching in St. Charles for eight years now, I still had never been to the Scarecrow Festival. So this year we decided to go. We loaded up Bel after work because the weather was absolutely perfect- sunny and 70's- and we headed down to see all the scarecrows. There is a little competition for best scarecrow and many businesses, schools, churches and even some families enter (Mom... that is so up our alley! I have ideas :) We enjoyed fair food (nachos, ice cream and some perogies) and Bel found a little sandbox/play area to hang out at. Overall, it was a cute, fun, festival and I didn't even hear "Mrs. Leppin!!!" shouted that often.
I know... she doesn't look impressed.

The park is full of scarecrows and they are grouped by category.
Here were some of our faves....
 Of course... the Goddard School scarecrows..
 and the Wredling Redhawk "scare leading" team
 The mechanical Noah's Ark...
and the creepy Bella and Edward "Twilight" scarecrows...

The food is always the best part of any fair, isn't it?




2 comments:

MOM said...

Looks like a great time!

mandy said...

you can't have a scarecrow festival without a "Twighlite' involved! lol