Sunday, October 10, 2010

10-10-10

Happy Birthday to me! I couldn't have asked for a better weekend for my 31st birthday- sunny and high 70's- time with my fave people- and an extra day off school?!
Here are some highlights.
I woke up Sat. morning and went to the gym for a kickboxing class (it has been a loooong time since I worked out like that and I am still paying the price- but I knew I would be eating 12 million calories this weekend) Then, a surprise gift from my sweet sister and brother-in-law. I'm guessing Zack didn't pick it out though:)

Next we headed over to our friend's Karen and Mike's to meet their newest addition (and third child)- Katie. Bel loved playing with Maggie and Patrick - the older kids-  but she couldn't really say their names individually so she blended them into "Magdoo" kind of like Brangelina, I guess. In fact, now she keeps shouting Magdoo so I'm guessing she wants another play date with them soon.

The girls having fun together- Maggie and Bel
 Sweet sleepy baby
Bel was interested but wasn't sure about sharing her daddy with a baby

After the Shell's, it was off to dinner at my FAVORITE Mexican restaurant El Molinos. I am obsessed with their food and I have been eating their since I was a little kid. We drive back to Carpentersville at least twice a year for the BEST nachos, chimichangas, margaritas and fried ice cream. I'm not kidding. I actually eat until I feel sick when we go there. This time Bel was old enough to eat the food too and of course- she loved it. She loves tacos and at one point during the meal we had to stop her from scooping the green salsa out of the dish with her hands and drinking it. (See... it's that good.)






After this huge dinner we headed home for a movie night and went to bed early.On Sunday, we woke up and headed to church. It was an especially good service because we had a guest speaker (Brian Head Welch from the band Korn) and he shared his testimonial about how Jesus saved him and rescued him from a life of drugs, alcohol and depression. He was so honest and real about his struggles and it was really inspiring. I wished I had invited a guest or two to come with us because his story was not one you want to miss.
The rest of the day was spent enjoying the Bears game at my parent's house (they won) and eating a fabulous chicken dinner and ice cream cake (Apparently, I will need 10 more kickboxing classes to work the food from this weekend off)
Bel (never smiling for pictures!)

 Overall, another WONDERFUL birthday. I am blessed with a loving family and great friends. Life is good! (and that makes 31 not too bad :)

2 comments:

mandy said...

Awesome weekend! We are so sorry we weren't able to spend your birthday with you , but we love you MUCHO!

Geri said...

Happy Bday Annie!