Sunday, August 15, 2010

Only one more week....

This is my last week of freedom and then...dum da dum dum... back to school. I am worse than the kids. I REALLY don't feel like going back this year! It is strange because normally I am feeling pretty refreshed and excited by the time August rolls around. Full of new ideas and ready to meet my new group of students- but not so much this year. Maybe it is because I took classes for the majority of June and some of July. Maybe it is because my long-time teaching partner and dear friend Kathy retired last year and I am already feeling that loss and dreading starting the year without her... or maybe it is because I am just finally getting into my "stay at home" mom groove again. (Yeah... I could get used to lunching with friends, going to the splash park, and taking trips to the library. Not a bad life) But either way- I am going to make the most of this last week of freedom. I am going to enjoy time with my Bel, celebrate my anniversary with my hubby and just plain relax. Here are some photos from this past week....
The neighbor girl decided that she "outgrew" her dress-up clothes so she donated them to Isabel. Great for Isabel... not so great for Lucky. Poor guy.
Another SUPER hot day....... time to play outside in the splash table
On Saturday night I went out for a few hours for dinner with my girls. Kristin had us over to see her new (AMAZING) house. We didn't bring our kids but Dylan and Kylie were there and I must say they are the most well-behaved kids ever!
Colleen, Arian and Jill
Arian and I
On Sunday I went Mom, Mandy and I went to my cousin Katie's bridal shower at Maggiano's. The food was AWESOME and I am bummed that I forgot to bring my camera to the shower. Her wedding is coming up this October.
(Weird. We are dressed like clones and we didn't even plan this. We must have all decided black is slimming- lol)

Grandma and Grandpa Leppin surprised us by driving up and taking us all to dinner. We had a great dinner and then Bel ran around like a crazy baby outside (burning off her ice cream energy I guess)

Bel couldn't go to dinner without "baby"
Poor Uncle Aaron got stuck hanging out with "baby"

... and Isabel had to carry her "baby" under her dress in her belly. (Really?! Thanks Dad)

a sweet picture with her Grandpa


Thanks Grandma and Grandpa for the new clothes!

and she was ready to fall asleep as soon as we got in the car.
Well.... one more week and then it is back to the daily grind. I plan to enjoy this!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bel is such a cutie!

Love L

Terri said...

I am thinking only one more week...until Baby Jensen arrives! CRAZY! I will be in labor on your first day back at school. Which is more painful?!?! I know I will be dreading my return in November!! Enjoy your last week!

mandy said...

such fun pictures. I can't believe you are due to already go back to school, INSANE! i def feel lik eyou started your summer vacation also. love you sista, you are such an amazing mama!
bean