Thursday, August 19, 2010

Dinner and a Movie

Woo hoo! A date night for our 3 year anniversary! We dropped off Isabel with her grandparents for a few hours so we could go out. (Bel insisted on wearing her new leopard print teal dress-up skirt, Mardi gras beads AND sunglasses for grandma- this girl has style)
And we decided to see a movie- since this is something that is pretty impossible to do now that we have a child. We settled on "Dinner for Schmucks" with Steve Carell- which was pretty ridiculous but I did laugh out loud more than once. The really cool part about the movie was that we went to a "dinner" movie theatre in Barrington at the Arboretum.
This place was AMAZING! Very cool decor in the lobby with a bar, fireplace, and lounge. You actually eat your dinner in the theatre so when you get there your waiter shows you to your seats- in our case they were huge orange velvet recliners with automatic buttons to adjust your seat up and down. (and I adjusted it up and down.. up and down... up and down) Then the waiter brought me a glass of wine and a blanket because I was chilly. You could request a pillow too but I thought that might be pushing it. We ordered a delicious dinner (Jason had steak and I had BBQ chicken pizza) and then we had our own "call button" to page our waiter throughout the movie in case we needed anything else. (Like more gourmet popcorn or chocolates etc.) Ha! It was a pretty neat experience. Totally expensive and unnecessary-but fun! Mostly it was just good to get out with my hubby- my favorite person and best friend. It is pretty mind-boggling that we have been married three years already. It has gone fast.. but a lot has happened in our lives too. I know we will be married for many more and I am excited to keep experiencing life together- xoxox Happy Anniversary Jason!

3 comments:

mandy said...

Sounds like so much fun Banana! I LOVE your dress..... you look beautiful as usual. Happy anniversary Leppins

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary lovebirds :)

PS - Bel is wearing the outfit I gave her :)

Love L

Geri said...

LOVE Bell's sunglasses! Too cute!