Saturday, May 8, 2010

Springfest 2010

More like... Winterfest! Brrr... it was cold this morning when we headed out to our church, Christ Community, at 7:30 am so I could run the 5K. I haven't run a race in a few years so I was a little nervous. I have been jogging 2 times a week for the past couple of months but I can never seem to push myself past 2 1/2 miles. But this morning I did it! I ran the whole way, no walking (which was my goal) and came in at 31 minutes and 18 seconds. I was pretty psyched. It is so much easier to stay motivated when you have a big crowd of runners with you. I prayed the whole time to distract my mind and tried not to think about how cold it was. The best part was my hubby, mom, and Bel were there to support me. I wish we could have hung around longer afterward but Bel was losing steam (and we forgot the stroller - oops)Here are some pics- enjoy!
Wishing me luck!

Stretch!
On your mark- get set- go!
I'm off!

The finish line...
My cheerleaders
Bel at the petting zoo
Time to go---- tooo chilly!!

4 comments:

Megan said...

Good job Annie!!!!

Anonymous said...

Hurray for Annie!! I'm proud of you.

Deb

Terri said...

Way to go Annie! I am so proud of you for finishing and in 31 minutes! That is awesome! :-) You go girl!!!!

MOM said...

So proud of you! Can't wait to cheer you on in the Fox Trot!