Friday, May 21, 2010

Terrible Two's Already?! Surely not.

Sweet little Isabel Grace has developed a very headstrong personality lately! She wants to do what she wants to do, when she wants to do it. And now that she can get around really well (pushing, pulling, climbing, walking, and nearly running) she is capable of getting almost whatever she wants. The problem comes in when Jason and I decide to take anything away from her, or when we try to stop her, or heaven forbid... when we say "no". Oh -she does not like this. Case in point. Today, her Aunt Belinda and Uncle Bill sent her a present from Arkansas. It came in a box filled with pink paper and she was very excited about opening it

Oh- the pink paper was so much fun to crinkle and crunch.
...and the pink and green bunny inside was perfect!
He was such a cute bunny! I said "Oh look Bel the bunny is in the box. See let's put bunny in the box. BUNNY in the BOX. (see how I was trying to be a teacher there?) Well... Isabel did not LIKE the bunny in the box. In fact, that made her really mad.
She threw that bunny right out of the box.... On the floor and SHE proceeded to get in the box.

But she was stuck....

and it made her mad.

REALLY mad.
(But kind of funny)
The best thing about these little tantrums is that they last about 3.5 seconds and then she usually forgets what she was mad about. I mean, you need only tickle her, read a book or give her a cookie and suddenly life is good again. I'm sure as she gets older she will not be as easily distracted but for now we have it under control. I have to admit though, I do love seeing her personality develop. Granted- I really have nor frame of reference and no other children to compare her to, but I do think at times she might be an independent, stubborn, persistent, and focused little thing. (Maybe she gets some of that from me?) But she is also showing her funny side, always laughing, joking, socializing, and even dancing- the life of the daycare party (a little more like her daddy) Anyway you slice it- we LOVE this little wanna-be terrible two.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG! love my fig! did she have another growth spurt cause her legs in the picture look a mile long! " Americas Next Top Model" Kisses to my boo Bel!

Geri said...

LOL she and Brody are in the same camp, he can generate some tears in 2 seconds and then be off into something else a minute later!!