Friday, December 18, 2009

What We've Been Up To...

Finally! Christmas Break is here and I have two weeks off of work! I am so looking forward to spending time with my hubby and my Bell. Luckily, Grandma Kathy took Isabel to see Santa at the mall when she babysat so now we don't have to fight the lines.... You can see that even though she didn't cry- she definitely wasn't all that impressed with him either.
One new development is Isabel "pulling up" more. She uses the chair, ottoman, and her crib to pull up to a standing position now. Only once she is up she seems to get stuck and isn't always sure how to get back "down".
Last weekend Uncle Aaron came over to visit and we went to dinner at Buffalo Wild Wings. Isabel LOVES playing with him, climbing on him, and grabbing his baseball cap. It's funny. I have begun to notice that she is very charmed by all of the men in her life. She prefers her daddy, grandpas, Uncle Aaron, the boys at school etc. Oh great! We could be in for trouble someday if this keeps up :)

How very grown-up. Isabel is enjoying a book and "puffs" at Buffalo Wild Wings. We don't take her out to eat in restaurants very often but she was on perfect behavior.
She isn't "army crawling" anymore. She has finally figured out how to crawl on her hands and knees and now she is even faster than ever.
I like this because she is like a pink marshmallow. We bundle her up every morning before daycare and she HATES it. She takes her hats off within 5 seconds and fights me when I put her coats on.
Isabel came to an after school activity at Wredling with me this week. We had a "girl's night" after school. We made Christmas cards, drank punch and ate cookies. My student's really enjoyed playing with her and although she is starting to develop more stranger anxiety she warmed up to them pretty quickly.
Kathy Rentas had our team over tonight for a holiday party after school. It was nice to relax and unwind. I love my coworkers so much so although a 2 week break from school sounds good, I always miss being with them.
Isabel got a kick out of playing with the kids. She was especially enamored with Ethan. She kept trying to grab his face.

I know we are really looking forward to spending this first Christmas together as our new family. I think about how lucky I am to have my beautiful daughter and my healthy husband and I thank God daily for everything he has blessed me with this year.

1 comment:

Megan said...

I can't believe how grown up she is. I LOVE that picture of her with the white hoodie on with her beautiful blues. She is so cute. Its funny the things she's doing, Anika is always a few weeks behind. Its like you give me a glimpse of what to be expecting. =)