Friday, December 4, 2009

9 Months!!!

Well... we have had some ups and downs health-wise the past few weeks. As I mentioned in an earlier post Isabel was having stomach issues again. We thought she had a stomach virus because she was vomiting and had diarrhea. It seemed to clear up on its own. Then a week later she was vomiting again. This time when we took her to the pediatrician they found absolutely nothing wrong with her. The doctor thought her late night upset stomach was from EATING TOO MUCH! He was shocked by how much she could eat and said that she doesn't seem to know her "off switch". (Gee- Where did she get that from? She is soo my daughter) I tried to tell him that she is part Polish and that we just love to eat... but we have been trying not to overfeed her in the evening and it seems to be helping. Only now this week she has been running a fever and not sleeping well. We are guessing it may have to do with the FOUR new teeth she has cut on the top of her mouth. Poor girl is pretty miserable. And sick baby = tired parents...
The good news is that all this sickness has not slowed down her growth. At our last appointment she was almost 22 pounds! She is also eating a lot of table foods- canned veggies and pasta noodles, some Gerber graduates etc. She is still waving, clapping, and babbling and she is still doing her goofy stomach crawl. Only now she is SUPER fast and you can't turn your back for a second or you may find her trying to eat dog food or rearranging your DVD collection. Here are some more pics from the past couple of weeks.
Here she is in her Adidas outfit from Grandma and Grandpa Leppin- Jason always says "Where's the track meet?" when she wears it... I think he secretly hopes she'll play soccer though. I just hope she doesn't get my athletic abilities.
Look at this! She is starting to pull up now! She's done it once or twice on her own but usually she needs help. Needless to say, we lowered the crib after this pic was taken.
Sometimes we play with bubbles in the house. She is really cute - especially because she doesn't understand why they always pop when she grabs for them.
Now that Isabel is more mobile she really likes to chase after Lucky. Usually he ignores her but when he gets desperate enough for attention he will acknowledge her.I started to put up some holiday decorations the other day. We are looking forward to our first Christmas with her. I'm not sure about the tree though. I can just imagine all the trouble she can get into with it....
With her new Christmas stocking- She loves it and there isn't even anything inside it yet. Cheap gift!

In her Illini hat from her BFF Abbie Caldwell. Too bad the Illini weren't playing so well when I took this pic.
Now that she is getting older she is figuring out how to take the silly hats, headbands and bows off of her head- Darn.
It is so funny to think that she is 9 months old. That means that she has spent 9 months IN and 9 months OUT in the world. Babies really are amazing and change so fast. It is so neat to see her learn new things every day and to watch the wheels turning in her brain as she makes new discoveries. I am really enjoying it!

2 comments:

Geri said...

What a doll, before you know it she and B will be 1!! Craziness!!

Anonymous said...

I just love the Bel and Lucky pictures Love L