Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Twas the Night Before Christmas (Eve)....

...and all through the house, not a creature was stirring- not even a mouse. Ok... actually I was stirring. I was frantically wrapping Christmas gifts and packing suitcases for our trip to Dwight in the am. This Christmas season seemed to sneak up on me this year. I usually feel much more prepared. I did find out the hard way that Christmas shopping was not as easy this year with a full-time job and a baby. Next year I will plan ahead and SHOP ONLINE! Ready for bed! Since we won't be home on Christmas Eve or Christmas Day Santa decided to bring Isabel her presents one night early (Wasn't that nice of him?). It was fun watching her try to figure out what to do with her wrapped gifts. She of course was very interested in the boxes and wrapping paper- and a little less interested in her gifts. She got just three presents from Santa (to represent the three wise men who brought gifts to the Baby Jesus). I figure that this tradition might keep the "gift buying craziness" to a minimum in the future- especially if she ever has any brothers and sisters. (Don't worry - the poor girl is not going to be hurting for gifts. She will get plenty from her family and friends too.)

Ha ha! I love this picture because look how JEALOUS Lucky looks in the background. Who knew he wanted a pink laptop, musical penguin, or talking teddy bear? Actually, I just remembered that I forgot to buy Lucky a present this year. Shoot.... I will have to come up with something quick. Poor guy!
There is this street in South Elgin that has the best Christmas light display. It is really amazing. Everyone on the street goes all out (Clark Griswald style) and they play Christmas carols and collect food for a local Food Pantry. The sidewalks are filled with lighted archways and sometimes the neighbors have fires outside and drink holiday cocktails. (I would love to buy a house on this street :) We took Isabel for a walk to see the light display the other night. As usual she was not all that impressed.

I tried pretty hard to take a Christmas card picture for my family members but Bell kept taking off her hat and the headband I made for her. (She HATES wearing my headbands now) And she decided to eat my clever Christmas sign so needless to say the pictures didn't turn out as I had FIRST planned. But still... they are pretty darn cute. To all of our family and friends- We hope you have a very Merry Christmas!

2 comments:

Megan said...

What a good idea with the 3 gifts. Maybe we will do that. And I love the picture of her eating the Merry christmas sign ... too cute! Have a great time with your families. Merry Christmas Annie. Love and miss you!

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas!!! You have lots of love in your household :) Love L
PS - I a sucker though for that poor Lucky :)