Here I am swimming in the kiddie pool for the first time!
Lucy is 4 months old!! (okay.. she was 4 months a couple of weeks ago but we just had her doc appointment and I am just getting around to blogging about it.) So... let me start again. Lucy is 4 months old!
She is an easygoing, smiley baby. She goes to bed around 8 or 9 and sleeps until 6 am. Almost never waking up at night anymore (knock on wood.) She has ditched the pacifier in favor of her newly discovered thumb. (I will have yet another child to break of that thumb sucking habit some day but for now-- who cares. It is helping her sleep.) Lucy is still nursing but supplemented with formula and she has no problem switching back and forth betweeh the two.
A few nights ago Jason and I saw her roll for the first time. My parents had already seen it when I was at work, but she would never do it for us in the evening. However, now she loves rolling from back to stomach and stomach to back. Tummy time is still a struggle and she doesn't use her arms as much as I would like-- the doctor said we need to work with her more on her belly. We need to build up that upper body strength this summer.
At our check-up Doctor Cocjin said that Lu's head is flat on one side but she didn't seem overly concerned about it. She just told us to keep working on the repositioning and stretching her neck. Lucy got 3 shots and was a good sport. Big sister Bel came along for moral support and to cheer her up (She was pretty glad that Lucy was getting the shots and not her)
Her weight was 13 lbs 7.8 oz (50th percentile)
Her length was 24 inches and her head was 16 inches. (65th percentile)
Overall, Lucy is really just a sweet little girl. She is cooing, smiling and laughing at her sister and Isabel is finding her more interesting now. We put her in her Bumbo seat and on her playmat and in a few weeks we will give rice cereal a try. What a big girl!!







No comments:
Post a Comment