I love being a mom! I can say with all honesty that is the most important, challenging and rewarding role I have ever had in my life. My two little girls bring me so much happiness and joy -- words can't really describe it. But they are growing and changing so fast -- and it is easy to get caught up in the daily grind of life and forget to stop and really see and enjoy this precious but hectic time with them. I love holidays like Mother's Day because they force us to slow and think about the blessings we have in our lives and to reflect and be truly thankful. Here are a few of the things I was grateful for this Mother's Day:
* I am a mom-- again!! This year I gave birth to another beautiful, healthy little girl. And believe me-- I don't take that for granted. My heart has ached in the last year for friends who have had trouble with fertility, have been waiting to adopt, and have had children diagnosed with illnesses. I thank God for Lucy and the joy she has brought to our little family this year. We know that God has blessed us greatly.
* I am thankful for my own mom! I aspire to be the kind of mom that my mom has been for Mandy and I. Strong, hardworking, selfless, endlessly generous, a listening ear. My mom is one of my best friends. And now... she is all this and more for her grand babies. I am thankful this year for the time my mom spent with me when I came home from the hospital with Lucy. And and also for all the time she has spent taking care of my girls since I have gone back to work. It has given me such peace of mind. I know I am blessed to have my mom in my life every day.
* I am also thankful for all of the other moms in my life! I am so thankful for my mother-in-law Marsha who is living closer this year. She has been able to spend more time with us and the girls this year-- coming over and pitching in to babysit whenever we have needed her. And of course my favorite mommy friend-- my sister-- who inspires me with her creativity and flair-- she is a mom who does it all and looks good doing it :) She is the best listening ear and an awesome mommy role- model-- funny and REAL my BFF! . And I am also thankful for all of my mom friends at work, home and on facebook. It is nice to have a network of mommies to run things by -- if only so you don't feel like you are the only crazy person out there.
Mother's Day this year was extra special because Lucy was dedicated at our church. Baby Dedication is our church's version of a baptism. We believe that baptism is a step you make when you are old enough to accept and declare Jesus Christ as your lord and savior for yourself. So Baby Dedication is more of an opportunity for parents and the church to committ themselves to raising their children in such a way that they will hopefully make that decision for themselves one day. Lucy was dedicated in a small ceremony with the other babies and then prayed for by the church and the elders. After service, we had family back to our house for brunch.
Our sweet little family! I am a lucky mom.
All the girls!! Happy Mother's Day!












1 comment:
Annie, thanks so much for the wonderful things you said. I am so proud of you as a woman and a Mom!
Post a Comment