Sunday, June 24, 2012

2012 Gala

Jason started a new job in January. He is now working as Senior Director of Development for Hospice and Palliative Care for Northeastern Illinois http://www.hospiceanswers.org/.  It is a wonderful organization to raise money for because they do so much to help families who are dealing with the loss of their loved ones. I know he feels really good about the mission of Hospice and last night we attended their biggest fundraising event of the year-- their annual Gala.

It was a black tie event and it was a lot of fun to get dressed up and have a real night out complete with cocktails, dinner and dancing. (It's been a while..like maybe our wedding?) The gala was held at a family's private estate in Barrington and it was mainly outdoors in their gardens and in a tent.Everything was so elegant and the food was delicious. Even though I didn't know anyone, I had a great time people-watching and it was fun to see my handsome hubby in his work environment. (as much as I tease him I could NEVER do his job... I hate making small talk with strangers and I get nervous in those types of social situations) Luckily, my glass of wine helped my nerves and by the end of the night we were rocking out on the dance floor.
I really wasn't sure what to wear.... (Jason said "a dress" so that was helpful :) so I ended up going with a black dress because that seemed pretty safe. I was actually really comfy all night and it wasn't hot out so I lucked out.

Doesn't Jason clean up well? Hottie :)


Stopped by to see my parents before the Gala. Pics with my dad just like prom-- lol!

(Got to love having a sister hairstylist --she can whip up a formal updo in minutes! Thanks Bean)

We actually stayed awake past midnight and the Leppins were so awesome. They watched the girls for us so that we could have our special night out. Now.... to start planning my dress for next year :)

No comments: