Friday, December 17, 2010

It's been a LONG week....

Why is it that the week BEFORE you are on vacation always feels the longest? Now, I know that non-teachers always gripe about all the breaks and vacations we teachers get off during the year. And yes... we do get get a lot of time off compared to some other professions. But let me tell you- it is MUCH needed. Without it - we might actually go crazy and lock your children in a supply closet. (I'm kidding............................... sort of)
This past week has been full of countless hours of grading, planning and assorted non- classroom school requirements- and after today's "Ancient Roman Celebration" complete with games, crafts, togas, and a feast as well as my student's production of "A Christmas Carol" in the afternoon- I felt like I was ready to pass out from sheer exhaustion. So.. I am enjoying an adult beverage with my hubby tonight, watching a lame movie and my baby girl is sound asleep. Ahhhh............... I LOVE Christmas vacation. Let the two weeks off begin!

Oh yes... and today was Isabel's Christmas Party at Goddard School. She ate sweets, danced with her (boy) friends and even made a gift or mommy and daddy. Sweet!

It came with this cute little poem on the back-

Sometimes you get discouraged
Because I am so small
And always leave my fingerprints
On furniture and walls.

But every day I'm growing -
I'll be grown up some day
And all those tiny hand prints
Will surely fade away.

So here's a little hand print
Just so you can recall
Exactly how my fingers looked
When I was very small.


This adorable gift ALMOST made me forget what a little beast our Bel has been being this week (Biting a fellow classmate, throwing fits at dinner every night, and just basically being a stubborn little boss.) Wasn't I just posting about how much I love and adore this toddler phase?!!!       Ahhh... well. Some days are easier than others.

Like I said- This teacher mom is ready for her break! Bring it on :)

2 comments:

mandy said...

such a cute poem! love it!

MOM said...

Ok... the poem made me cry, but the cartoon made me laugh! All in all this was a very emotionally satisfying post!