Jason stayed home with Isabel today and took her to see the orthopedic doctor. She examined Isabel, looked at the original Xray and then recommended that we put her in a "walking boot". This is like a little cast that she can wear during the day for support- but we can take it off for bath or bed etc. She said that there is a good chance that Isabel does have a small fracture and that this little boot will help her support her weight while it heals. (She really does not recommend an actual cast for such a young patient with this type of inury) In 14 days we will have it Xrayed again. At the point the Dr. can recommend whether we continue with the boot. One small problem.... Isabel seems to HATE this thing! She is very annoyed by it. She gets frustrated by how heavy it is and really doesn't try to walk or stand much with it on. So it sort of defeats the purpose-We are going to give it a few days and see if she can get used to it. Apparently, the orthopedic doctor was really nice about the whole thing, sharing how common these types of injuries are and even sharing a "mommy horror story" from her own experience. That made me feel a little better. I am trying to be positive about all of this and am thankful for all of the kind words, love and support from my hubby, family and friends. You guys are the best!
Poor Bel- You know she is sort of a diva and this boot is not very cute. I mean don't they have hot pink or leopard print? Grandma Kathy suggested we bedazzle it or velcro on some flowers...... I'll have to think about that. Maybe a new business idea? Clip on boot flowers?!







4 comments:
I think it makes her look "tough".
You could always do stickers on the boot. You know like - "You should see the other guy"
Seriously, I hope Isabel is boot free soon. Aunt Debbys going to give her lots of kisses when I get there.
Love, Debby
Dazzle it up, maybe she might enjoy it more! Get well soon Bell!
Bel rocks that boot! I love the idea of putting some jewels on it :) Love L
Oh Annie, I'm so sorry about Bel's leg. I'm sure it was so tough on you, but she still looks like a diva in the boot. She can pull it off. =) I hope she's doing better with it.
Post a Comment