Saturday, February 20, 2010

Times Have Changed....

Yep... you know times have changed when the get togethers start at 4pm and end by 7pm. Arian was brave enough to have us AND all of our kids over to her house for dinner tonight. It was a yummy Mexican fiesta. There were fajitas, tacos, enchiladas... you name it. I contributed some spanish rice (definitely not a hit- ha ha) Isabel had fun trying out her new walking skills and trying to steal the other kids sippy cups. I was so glad we could all get together tonight because it is almost impossible to plan something that everyone can make. (As it was- Jillian had to work and of course Megan is in Denmark...) but still it was great to see our old friends.
             Ryan, Kristin and Kylie                 
Uh-oh... Dylan is a ladies man!
I love that Isabel is bigger than Jacqueline (even though she is 6 months younger than her)
Tim is going to be a daddy this year- and he got plenty of practice today
This seemed like a good idea....
but the babies lost interest pretty quickly
I love my girlfriends. I can't believe I have known some of these girls since middle school. There is something about the people who  have known you your whole life- growing up together. There is just a bond that remains even if you don't see each other often. I am loving watching us go from single girls in our twenties to married, new mommies in our thirties. What's next? Rebellious kids in our forties? Well... we'll just enjoy the stage we're in now.

2 comments:

Megan said...

Ahhhhh ... looks like such a good time! And you are so right, times have changed, but I think things keep getting better! Loved all the pics and I really like the one of Bell on Tim's lap. I don't know why but it looks so sweet. She makes friends quick. =)

Anonymous said...

I love the picture of all the kids on the couch :) You are right about having lifelong friends :) Love L