So.... it all started last Friday when Isabel projectile vomited twice at my mom's when she was babysitting her. I was actually kind of glad someone else got to see this because words cannot do it justice. When I say Isabel projectile vomits- I mean look out- ten feet across the room- change your clothes- wash your carpets- and get a protective tarp- because she REALLY projectile vomits. Anyway, for the next seven days she proceeded to throw up no matter what we gave her. About two days into it Jason started to throw up as well. So, I found myself staying home with TWO sick, pukey babies and it was a loooong week.

Of course we were getting a little worried about Bell because she couldn't keep anything down and lost a little bit of weight. We took a couple of trips to the ped. but basically all we could do was wait it out. Finally, yesterday we had our first puke-free day and let me tell you it was pure bliss.
On top of all this, the month or two prior, we noticed that Isabel had begun to spit up again and randomly projectile vomit (mostly at night) after some of her bottles. There really wasn't any pattern to it. We were getting pretty worried because we thought she had finally outgrown some of that behavior. Unfortunately, it seemed like it was picking up again. We made an apt. with a GI specialist to discuss possible allergies or other issues and in the meantime we had to take her to get an upper GI X-ray to rule out anything serious. She had to drink a bottle of barrium (the little weirdo liked it) and then hold very still for the pictures (of course she didn't like that). Luckily, the doctor didn't see anything major but we will get the results early next week. So at this point- who knows? I think we have beaten the stomach flu but are still hoping to get a handle on this other un-related crazy vomiting.
So yeah... I just wrote an entire blog entry about vomit. That is what my life has come to :)



1 comment:
Oh you poor thing Annie!! I hope all is better at the Leppin household!
Post a Comment