Sunday, January 31, 2010

11 Months

11 Month Update! Isabel keeps growing and changing. She is beautiful and smart and funny. And I'm not just saying that because I am her mom. She is really developing a little sense of humor. For example, she has figured out how to tickle people's feet. She gets quite a reaction when she sneaks up and tickles her dad's toes while he watches TV.
She has also learned to reach up for us when she wants to be picked up- pretty sweet. We usually can't resist.
She is independent thinking too... For instance, I used to be able to dress her up like a little Barbie doll and put her in all of my homemade flower headbands. She really hates them now.... take a look.............
"Get this thing off of me Mom!" You can imagine how long it took to get these pictures of her wearing them.
Well.... Isabel has been sick pretty much this entire month. First it was a cold and cough. Then she had another bout with stomach flu and diarrhea. And in between all of that she has been having random unrelated projectile vomiting. Of course, we have been dealing with her stomach issues since she was a tiny baby (reflux, dairy intolerance etc. ) The vomiting had picked up again though and the pediatrician thinks we should take her to a GI for some testing. Later this week she is going for some Xrays of her tummy.... We hope to get to the bottom of all of this. In the meantime it has made for some unhappy moments and a stressed mom and dad.
Getting dressed for church. Isabel finally started going to the nursery at church. She likes it and we like that we actually get to listen to the message for once.
Because of the weather and sickness we have been stuck inside a lot lately. I had the great idea to finger paint with Isabel last weekend to pass the time. I figured she would love it.
Uh....... no..... not so much..
actually she HATED it. Maybe it was the fact that I wouldn't let her eat the paint. Or maybe it was just that she didn't like being dirty.... but she screamed and cried. The tortured artist...It lasted only about 5 minutes but she did manage to make a few masterpieces. I guess we'll save the craft projects for daycare.
Speaking of daycare..... Did you notice the bandage on our little angel's hand in the pic below? Well.... maybe you're wondering if the kid who she bit at daycare finally decided to retaliate? Nope..... Isabel actually bit HERSELF last week. Yes... you heard me correctly. She broke the skin! We thought we were in the clear because she hadn't bitten anyone else after the "incident". Until last week. Maybe she felt the "urge" but decided she didn't want to get in trouble again... who knows. Our pediatrician says it normal and that we should try not to make a big deal out of it because it will only encourage it. But really, how are you supposed to ignore a crazy baby who bites her own hand?
Jason and I have to laugh because otherwise we go a little crazy worrying about these things. The important thing is we all have each other though. I had to share this last pic because all of my most favorite things are right here (well except maybe a Diet Coke).

1 comment:

Geri said...

What a doll! She's looking more and more like a little girl now!