Saturday, January 2, 2010

Happy New Year - 2010!

My sister and bro-in-law invited us to a party at their house for New Year's Eve this year. We had so much fun because the theme was Prom- 2010 (and you know I love a good theme/costume party!) The idea was to get another use out of an old prom or bridesmaid dress but I decided to go all out and went to Goodwill for my baby blue number. (Plus, I couldn't fit in any of my old prom dresses even if I fasted for a month.) Jason needed to match my look so he found this from a Halloween costume shop online.
I must say- he looks pretty hot! Who knows... he may have actually worn a suit like this to prom- it was sooo long ago. ( he he I don't think he reads this blog)

The decorations at their house were great! White lights, crepe paper streamers, and glow sticks!

The food was out-of-this-world too. Meatballs, chips, dips, bruschetta, sausage bread, sandwiches, etc..... (diet starts AFTER New Year)

All of the couples that came had to pose for the traditional prom photo in fron of the fireplace.

Here is Mandy- the hostest with the mostest! Her dress was supposed to be a joke - but I loved it!
This was the biggest hit of the night. A mini-bags game that can be played indoors. Zack's mom found it at a craft fair. Pretty awesome.
The guys were getting pretty competitive!
For dessert- a real chocolate fountain! Yum Yum
A Prom dance-off......... Larkin vs. Elgin

There is really no explanation for this... just a bad idea

My tradition of banging pots and pans on New Year's outside lived on. (I'm sure the neighbors appreciated it)
I just love my hubby!

Oh yes! The moment I was waiting for all night........
We won! I can't believe it! These amazing crowns were all ours....
Up past midnight and a few drinks? This mommy can't hang! I was ready for bed by 1am...
Thank you Mandy and Zack- we had a GREAT time. Happy New Year 2010 everyone :)

2 comments:

Geri said...

You look soo pretty annie!!!

Megan said...

Love the party theme! Awesome!