Wednesday, November 11, 2009

I'm 8 Months Old!

We have been so busy lately, I am finding it hard to keep up with blogging (and cooking, cleaning, grading papers, etc. ha ha) But, I wanted to give an 8 month update because Isabel is changing so much. First of all she is crawling now... well actually she is "army crawling" now. Jason said she looks like a wounded soldier. She uses her arms to drag herself across the floor on her belly.

It is pretty cute and amazingly she moves really fast this way! In fact, she is pretty tired at the end of the day from all this movement. Here is a pic with her daddy.

Her little personality is also developing quite a bit. She is babbling more. Her noises sound like "ba ba ba... na na na.... da da da" (notice there is no "ma ma ma" in there) She has also gotten a little 8 month old attitude. She gets mad when her toys drop. She gets mad at dinner time about the menu. Yes... she has been crying at dinner the last few nights. We think it is because she started some "finger foods" and now she believes she can feed herself. Of course this is pretty messy. She has had some bread, fruit, cheese and of course "puffs". She also is clapping and waving. She is overall a pretty social little girl. In fact, she would much rather socialize at school than take naps (like mother like daughter?)
This is a picture I took when she came to an after school activity with me at Wredling. The twelve year old girls LOVED her. She was a bit crabby though.
Last weekend Isabel went to watch the Illini game at her friend Abbie's house. (My coworker Rachel and her husband had us over on Saturday.) She had a lot of fun. Abbie is just two weeks older but already does cool things like crawling and standing. Isabel was impressed!
The girls idea of playing together is stealing each other's toys and crawling over one another.

Luckily the Illini won the game so the dad's were in pretty good moods. I do miss being able to stay home with Isabel during the week and having time for playdates and hanging out with other moms. Work has been very stressful and busy lately with , activities, and committees etc..
I am definitely looking forward to my Winter Break this year!

2 comments:

Geri said...

can you believe our little peanuts are almost 1 year!!!! Craziness!!

Anonymous said...

Wow! I saw this blog entry a while ago but didn't realize there was video. Bel is the cutest baby EVER! I can't believe how much faster she is now!

XOXO, Mom