Sunday, November 1, 2009

Happy Happy Halloween!


What a great time of year! I just love Halloween. We have been celebrating the holiday for the past two weekends- so we have lots of new pics to share with you. This first picture is from "Black Hat Days" in Geneva. (A fall festival held at the 3rd Street shops- all you had to do was wear a hat and you could get all kinds of discounts and free goodies)

This was a picture at Grandma and Grandpa's house. Grandma Kathy bought her this outfit to celebrate her first Halloween. Isabel loved the beanie hat!


Okay..... so here is a picture of Isabel's FIRST adorable Halloween costume. I say first because although she looked sooo stinking cute in it- we had to buy a second one when we realized that she couldn't actually see anything while wearing it. (The bunny head covered her eyes!)


Last weekend I had some girlfriends and a few of their kids over to celebrate Halloween. It was great to talk, eat, and catch up. Kristin brought her newborn (Kylie) and her oldest (Dylan a.k.a. Batman) with her. I think she was ready for an afternoon out. Colleen and her daughter Emelia came too and so did Aunt Katie. Terri brought her gorgeous wedding album and we got to catch up with her because it has been a long time. I LOVE spending time with my girlfriends whenever possible.


So... here is Halloween costume 2! Since Isabel needed to wear her costume to daycare on Friday I figured she better have one that she could actually see out of. I think she was a little more comfortable in this one anyway.


My little monkey at school!

Isabel with her school friends.. Alaana was also a monkey! (I work at Wredling with her mom)

On Saturday Jason and Aaron went to the U of I game so Isabel and I decided to trick-or-treat in my parent's neighborhood. We headed over to Grandma and Grandpa's house. At first, Bell was a little crabby. However, once she had lunch and a nap she was ready to party!

Poor Lucky and Hector. I thought it would be cute to dress Lucky like a banana to go with Isabel's monkey costume. He was NOT feeling it. He wouldn't keep the costume on. Hector was a little bit of a better sport but I don't think he enjoyed the costume much either.


Hector the "cone head". He looks pretty mad.

We actually took Isabel around the block trick-or-treating. She enjoyed the stroller ride even if she couldn't eat the candy. (No worries- I'll help her with that.)

I love this picture because she is only 7 months old and she is looking at me like "What? I am so embarrassed to be seen with you mom"

The Davis girls have always loved trick-or-treating!

When we got back home Shannon, Scott, and my nephew baby Marcus stopped by to visit. I was so excited to see him awake! He is 10 weeks old and such a big, sweet boy! He was dressed like a pea pod but quickly got sick of the costume I think.

All in all, it was a very fun holiday. Next year, I am definitely going to an ADULT Halloween party though. I missed getting dressed up myself and having adult beverages :) Who knows- maybe Jason and I will throw our own party.

No comments: