Sunday, June 5, 2011

The "House Selling" Blues

Well... we have officially been on the market for five months now.... and NOTHING.
Oh sure, we have the occasional showing (we usually get a call every other Sunday and then we have an hour to get the house in some kind of order) and our realtor has hosted several Open Houses (that no one attends) but we still haven't found anyone who has expressed any real interest. We have dropped our price ... twice. We have offered to pay the buyer's first six months association fees.. heck we would even throw in Lucky if we thought it might help.
This housing market just stinks. We will take such a huge loss if we sell... but we are willing to do it because we know we could buy a really great house for our family at an even better price and interest rate. Only.. we're stuck. So, this post is really just a complaint. It is HARD being on the market. Not because you have to clean constantly (and that is something I am really not used to) but because you constantly get your hopes up.. only to be disappointed. So today I am trying to accept that for whatever reason- a move may not be in God's plan for us right now. Sure we're a little cramped... and yes the stairs might just kill me... but our place is clean, safe and cozy and we have made it very nice. Our neighborhood is kid-friendly and although we don't have our own yard we are just minutes from my parent's who have an amazing one - complete with a pool and deck. Since I can't change my circumstance- I suppose I had better work on changing my perspective. (oh yeah... and quit scouring realtor.com looking at all the houses I wish I could buy:)

2 comments:

your sis said...

You are completely right to complain! I hear you girl, but once again we will chalk it up to god's design. I love you guys much! xoxo

MOM said...

Love you Sweetie, and I'm so proud of how you are accepting a stinky situation! Things will all work out in the end. XOXO