1/1/11
Wow! It's a new year and a new decade.... time for a fresh start. It's funny because as a teacher I generally consider September more of my "new year" than January- but I am going to take a stab at making some resolutions this year. (No scratch that. These are NOT resolutions because I will most certainly not keep them - especially if I call them that. Instead these are some goals that come to mind for 2011.... I think posting them may actually give me some accountability. Feel free to remind me of these in February when I have long forgotten my good intentions)
1. Read and study my bible more regularly.
There is some pretty great stuff in there. It is just hard to be consistent.
2. Read more- period.
I find reading to be much easier this year now that Isabel has gotten older, but I still don't read as much
as I used to. Need to read some GROWN up books. Not just middle school lit.
3. Run 2 5K's.
No... not back to back- as in a 10K. I would just like to do it more than once a year :)
4. Drink more water
and by default- less Diet Coke
5. Eat better!
Note I didn't say "diet". My goal would be smaller portions and fewer carbs and sweets
6. Take a flight
Ugh.... on an airplane. My phobia and anxiety is probably only growing worse each year that I avoid it.
I need a short flight and a lot of drugs.
7. Sell our condo! (and if we are lucky.. buy a single family home)
8. Decide what my next step is career-wise.
Back to school? Another Master's? Adjunct teaching position? Stay a classroom teacher? Become a
reading specialist? ... some other possibility?
9. Make time to exercise.
Not to get skinny... but just because it is healthy and makes me feel good.
10. Find a place to serve in my church.
11. Make more time to see girlfriends
(and not feel guilty about it! It is good for us moms)
12. Enjoy all the little moments....
Even the sick ones .. or the tiring ones... or the tantrum ones... the little moments are what really matter.
I am understanding this one more and more.
I suppose I could go on forever. How about you guys? If you are reading my blog (and I sometimes wonder if anyone is :) What goals do you have for 2011?



5 comments:
Annie, I was out on Mandy's blog and noticed yours and decided to check it out. I was looking at your goals for this year and I wanted to share something with you. I saw that you are hoping to read your Bible more. I just got this awesome Bible that my mother in law recommended. It is called The One Year Chronological Bible. It breaks it up into daily readings and puts things together in chronological order, rather then in the normal books of the Bible order. I am only on day two obviously, but I am enjoying it so far and I thought I would let you know about it. Hope your year is off to a great start. Have a nice first day back at school.
Megan (Zack's cousin)
Wow!! Thanks Megan - That sounds really cool as it is hard to figure out how/where to start.
I will have to check into that one! Happy New Year :)
Megan! That sounds awesome. i want one too! we should have a mommy bible book club1lol Annie , is sounds cliche but one of me resolutions is to live in the moment. so hard sometimes but In need to enjoy everysecond NOW not just always look ahead! love you!
Ladies, I hope you are able to get that version and enjoy it as much as I am. Annie, it is so nice that it links parts of the Bible together and gives you a small part to read everyday.
~Megan
Annie,
Great goals you have set for yourself, especially more water and less diet Coke! I can help "coach" you with your goals!
You and Heather are in a very similar place regarding your faith. You two should talk sometime.
I also like how you have made more time for yourself. In order to take care of your family, you have to take care of yourself! Last year I set some goals for myself (nothing to do with turning 40) such as riding a segway, and learning to sail. I never got another tatoo but maybe this year. For this year, I will get back in the saddle and improve my horsemanship skills.
Eric
Post a Comment