It was a beautiful Saturday so we took a ride out to Peck Farm for the morning. Jason thought this farm would be pretty lame because I told him there were not actually any animals at it- just plants, trees, and butterflies. He was pleasantly surprised though because we had a fun time there.
We took Bel into the butterfly house and we think she liked it. She was more impressed with the flowers, rocks, running water and other kids than the butterflies though. Jason got stuck talking to the elderly butterfly lady who is in charge of the place. She LOVES to talk and was excited to find out he had lived in Washington Illinois- she had lived there once too. She had plenty of stories and questions for him. I chased Bel around making sure she didn't pick the flowers and eat them.
Jason- before the butterfly lady trapped him
Isabel studying the butterfly "menu"- she always looks very serious in pics
as close as I could get to the butterfly
Isabel was making me very nervous leaning in towards the running water and rock ponds... pointing at the butterflies.. getting closer.... and closer
and closer.... What I DIDN'T get a picture of next is Isabel leaning too far and falling face first -SPLAT- into the pond. I was yelling "no" in slow motion and lunging for her but I tripped on my flip-flop, fell and couldn't grab her in time. She was crying and wet and it was time to go (but still that butterfly lady kept talking to Jason. He has a way with the older ladies)
She was a little mad after that.
Next it was time for outdoor soccer with dad and a nature walk
After Peck Farm we made a stop by my parent's house to enjoy an afternoon of swimming in the pool. Aunt Mimi gave Isabel her first "pig tails". I think she looked so grown-up!
Time for a little dinner (Bel is a goof-ball and picky eater these days)
Yumm.... cake
And time to swim! Great (and tiring) day


















1 comment:
I LOVE THOSE PIGTAILS! I can't wait for you guys to go to peck farm again cause I want to go. Looks awesome! For sure next year and P.K. can go with too! ; )
xoxoxo
Post a Comment