Friday, June 28, 2013

June... June... June...

June-- a teacher's FAVORITE month :) Ahhh... it feels so good to be on SUMMER BREAK!

I really did have a good school year this year--- even though I experienced a lot of drama and turmoil throughout the Spring months when my school district made sweeping changes to the middle school schedule and changed up my team and teaching assignment several times. However, when the dust finally settled, I ended up basically teaching the same thing as last year and with most of the same people. So that was good. Not so good--- the district cut literacy minutes in half and none of my letter writing, protesting, or attending Board of Ed meetings made a bit of difference. It was disheartening. But hey.... reading and writing are a bit overrated.. don't you think? ;)

We did have to make up a snow day this year but school was officially out on June 4th and this month has completely flown by. The last three weeks have been a blur of trying to catch up on life, visiting with friends I don't have time to see much during the school year, and basically just keeping the girls busy and entertained all day long. I always forget how TIRING it is to be a full time stay-at-home momma. Of course it is tiring to be a full-time working momma too-- just in a different way.
(So really it is just tiring being a momma - ha) Here are some pictures from this month-- enjoy!

 
Playing outside and walking to the park-- even though the weather this month has been disappointing. LOTS of stormy days and rain-- we are waiting for hot summer to truly begin


(Isn't Lucy AMAZING writing her name so well already? :)
 
 


Isabel is back in swim class--- after an almost three year hiatus. Now that she is old enough to get in by herself with the teacher-- her mom likes class much better. Isabel is getting braver and is putting her face in the water. Learning to swim is a priority this year. 
 
 


One day I took the girls to visit a real farm in the area and we had lunch on the property afterwards.
As you can see, Lucy LOVED the animals. She cried the entire time and waved "bye bye" to the chickens, geese, horses and cows.
 

 
It is always fun playing with cousin Payton at Ya Ya and Pa Pas house. Look at these girls. They look like little stair steps.

Rainy morning... let's paint!
 

Isn't this a sweet face?

Family Picnic at the library. Isabel is rocking out with her good buddy Jordan.
 

and speaking of dance.. this month we have been practicing and preparing for the big dance recital (or four + hour extravaganza as we refer to it)

This year they are performing a dance to "Sea Cruise" and Isabel was practicing for us before we took her to recital pictures.

 
It wouldn't be summer without visiting the Brookfield Zoo

(of course we look like we are dressed for October-- crazy Chicago weather)
 
I signed Lucy up for her first class this summer called "Baby and Me" tumbling. She is very wiggly and doesn't like to listen to the teachers. Instead she wants to socialize with the other kids and do "rolls".

 
Isabel went to Hot U Jr. for four days this summer with her cousin Marcus and her friend Alanna. Hot U is our church's version of Vacation Bible School and it is really an amazing week. This year camp was a "zoo" theme and they learned all about Daniel from the Bible. They got to do science projects, make crafts, jump in bounce houses, eat popcorn and snow cones etc. We are lucky to have such a great church close to our home that teaches our kids the gospel and makes it fun and exciting.
 
 
and finally.... a night out for just us TWO ....
 

 
These pictures were taken the night of Jason's annual gala for work. This is the biggest fundraising event of they year for J and I get to tag along each year and wear a nice dress. This year I rented my dress at the last minute because I wasn't happy with the one I had.... and I have to say that the website renttherunway.com was so awesome! I will definitely use it again. Great designer dresses and so simple to use. I only wish I had more reasons to rent cute dresses :)
 
So... as you can see we really have been busy this month. Bring on July! I am ready for it.
 
 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

very nice

Marsha Leppin said...

Glad you updating blog. Enjoy it.