Friday, February 15, 2013

Thanksgiving 2012



In everything give thanks; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus. (1 Thessalonians 5:18)

I love this verse because it says "in everything give thanks". Which I take to mean that we are supposed to be intentionally thanking God for everything in our life, not just the good-- but even the "not so good". 

Now, I am the first to admit that I don't always even take the time to be thankful for the GOOD things in my life--- all of the insane blessings that God has given to me-- so I certainly don't usually think to thank God for the trials and challenges when I am facing them. Which is funny because looking back on some of the hardest times in my life, I know that those were times I actually grew closer to God and became stronger as a person. The trials and challenges made me braver, more confident, more empathetic and more compassionate-- all the things I really want to be. So I guess I AM really thankful for those tough times too (it is just much easier to feel that way after the fact, isn't it?)

Anyway, I have so much to be thankful for this holiday season and my heart goes out to a few special friends who are facing heavy challenges right now. My prayers are with them and my hope is that God will draw them nearer to Him so that they feel his strength and presence in their lives. I hope that they will be able to sit on the other side of their trial someday and maybe even feel thankful for it. Thankful that it is over--- and thankful that God was able to use it for something good.

Happy Thanksgiving friends and fam-- Here are some of the people that make me feel so thankful!









Beautiful... aren't they?

No comments: