Monday, August 29, 2011

Baby Update #2

(16 weeks pregnant)

I am beginning my 17th week and thought I should write another brief update (especially since Mandy is giving me a hard time --saying that I promised to blog about this pregnancy and I haven't been :)
Hmm... let's see. Not a whole lot to tell yet. I am into my 2nd trimester now and unfortunately, still feeling nauseous - mainly after dinner or big meals. I am constantly sucking on TicTacs or candy to get rid of this full, queasy, and sometimes gaggy feeling. I am also gaining weight faster this time.. (going straight to my hips--- getting a major muffin top :) On top of that, I still have a weird, itchy rash that flares up on my chest and have "not so pretty" brown patches on my face (chloasma-- the mask of pregnancy-- I think it is called)... To put it bluntly, I am NOT feeling that second trimester glow.
I still think that this pregnancy feels different than the first one-- so I am looking forward to seeing if I am carrying a little boy this time around. In fact, my 20 week ultrasound will be on Sept. 20th--- so don't forget to cast your vote on the right side of my blog before then. Jason is going to take off work so he can go with me -- and mostly we are just hoping that our little baby is healthy and growing with arms, legs, and major organs. How exciting!

2 comments:

MOM said...

You look beautiful!I'm looking so forward to meeting our newest little Leppin!

mandy said...

yeeeaaaahhh! so happy for baby update! can't wait to see this new little"fig"