Here is the very first pic of the newest Leppin! Approx. 9 weeks and 1 day.....
Yes... that is him or her.. the little blob in the middle. While there wasn't much to see at today's ultrasound- Jason and I did get our first glimpse at our little baby's beating heart (161 bpm) So cool!!
Since I decided to switch to a new practice for this pregnancy, I was pleasantly surprised that I got to have this early ultrasound (last time I didn't get one until 20 weeks). And while it was mainly just to confirm the due date--- Feb. 9th 2012 (Darn! I had calculated Feb. 4th myself so I became less pregnant and lost a few days) it also confirmed that I am NOT having twins.
Although that might sound a little silly, I really was a bit freaked out at the idea. Twins run in my family (my grandma was a fraternal and she had a set of fraternals) and I had a dream very early on that I was pregnant with twins. Soooo -- I was getting nervous. Especially because this pregnancy has felt VERY different than the first one so far.
For one... I felt pregnant right away. I knew I was pregnant before the at-home test even confirmed it. In fact, after running the Fox Trot 5K on Memorial Day weekend I looked at Jason and said "I'm pregnant." I just knew it and sure enough two days later I took a test (okay two tests) and I was! Plus I have been SUPER TIRED and I don't remember being this tired the first time around (of course I didn't have a toddler to chase either) but the biggest difference is that I am very nauseous. Starting at about 6 weeks I felt queasy and sick before and after I eat anything. It isn't really a morning sickness thing either because it goes all day and becomes the worst around dinner time.
The good news is that you would think since I am feeling so sick- I wouldn't be eating anything and therefore not putting on any early preggo pounds. Ha ha ha.. you are sadly mistaken. Instead, I am eating whatever random (usually unhealthy) thing that does not repulse me at the moment. So... Egg McMuffins... chips and dip... Sour Patch Kids... yeah... real healthy. I am hoping to get this under better control soon. Otherwise it could get ugly.
On another note... after talking with my new doctor I will most likely be having another scheduled C-section. That is not confirmed yet but very likely..so the positive thing about that is that I pretty much know that the baby will come a week early (Feb. 2nd ish) and be delivered at Sherman Hospital in Elgin. Nice to be able to plan it but I have mixed feelings about going this route... so we'll see how it all plays out.
Speaking of mixed feelings, Isabel seems to be warming to the idea of the new baby. Most times when we ask her about it she ignores us. However, recently she has taken to telling us that she is going to have a sister. We warned her that it could be a brother but she seems to ignore that fact. If it is a boy she suggested we name it "Moses" - I'm guessing because we read a Bible story about the little baby Moses floating in the basket. (Cute- although we probably won't be adding that to the short list :) The other night, totally unprompted Isabel hugged me and then kissed my stomach goodnight and said "Night Night Baby' so that was pretty adorable. I'm sure we'll have some ups and downs with her getting used to this big change.
So... that's about it! I am going to make an effort to try to post updates about this pregnancy every once in a while since I did that for the first time. (Poor second babies.. they always get the short end of the stick)
Looking forward (and a little freaked) about this next chapter!!



3 comments:
I am so excited about Baby Leppin! I will hope and pray you feel better and everything goes well. Isabel will be a great big sister! Love you!
Yay! Cannot wait! It's a new little fig! LOL xoxo
Congratulations!! Great news!!
Post a Comment