Let me just start by saying that I have the greatest husband in the world and I can't believe that he planned a surprise 30th birthday party for me last night! The most surprising part is that it was ACTUALLY a surprise too- (I mean don't most people usually figure those things out ahead of time?) But no, I was truly shocked when I walked into the Mill Race Inn last night and saw all of my family, friends and coworkers waiting for me. I had such a great time and I can't imagine anything better than being surrounded by all of your favorite people on your birthday. Thank you Jason and thank you everyone else for being there. It was the greatest gift!


Jason told me about a month ago that we were going to drop Isabel off at my parents house on my birthday and to pack an overnight bag. He wouldn't give me anymore details about where we were staying but I was really excited about the prospect of having a romantic birthday evening with my hubby.

I was really excited and surprised when we arrived at The Herrington Inn in Geneva because I had always wanted to stay the night there and our room was beautiful. It had a huge bathroom with a whirlpool tub, a fireplace, and they left us homemade chocolate chip cookies and Oberweis milk (yum!)

Jason told me that we had late dinner reservations at the Mill Race Inn and since we checked into our hotel pretty early we had a few hours in the afternoon to hang out in downtown Geneva. We went to the 3rd Street shops and looked around- (my fave!) We did a wine tasting at the Galena Wine Cellars and then had birthday cupcakes at The Cupcake Shop. I had a carrot cake cupcake that was to die for.

Then we stopped at The Little Owl for a quick appetizer and drinks. I have to admit that by this time I was starting to get tired and a little hungry and secretly wished we could skip dinner out and head back to our cozy room at the Herrington. But since it wasn't even 7pm - and we rarely ever get out at night- I thought I better tough it out. So we walked over to the Mill Race and by this time it was dark and cold. When we walked inside I was distracted by the Halloween decorations upstairs and didn't really realize anything was up until Jason started walking toward the downstairs room. He seemed to know where he was heading so I followed. About two seconds before we entered the room I realized something was up but it was too late- SURPRISE! I was shocked to see all of my favorite people gathered in one room wishing me a Happy Birthday. Even little Isabel stayed awake long enough to give me a hug and enjoy a little bit of my party.

Here she is with Jacqueline. They really seemed to hit it off. (I know this because Isabel tried to grab her and eat her- something she does to everything she loves)

It wasn't long though before she started to get cranky and tired. My parents took her home and put her to bed - thanks mom and dad!

It was so good to see my girls! I can't believe so many people were able to make it.

My BFF- Katie!

The Wredling Crew- The best friends and coworkers EVER!

Stacy, Karen, and Cammy- enjoying a night out with no kids :)

Jason making a little "speech" and thanking everyone for being there.

Yum- this cake was delicious. It seems all I did this weekend was eat.

Thanks Mandy!! My sister helped Jason put this party together and her creative touch was all over the decorations and invitations. I loved all of the little details Bean! I regret that I didn't get a picture of everyone at the party but hopefully my friends will send me some more pics. All in all, it was the best birthday party ever. It's funny, for the past few weeks people have been asking me if I was upset about turning 30 and I could honestly say I wasn't. I have a wonderful husband, a beautiful daughter, a loving family, true friends, a great job, and my health. Really, what is there to complain about? (Besides most of my friends are already 3o- so that still makes me the youngest) ha ha . I am truly blessed!
2 comments:
Happy 30th. You have such a wonderful husband and family. I can't believe you didn't find out about the party. I know how sneaky you are haha :) Love L
We so wanted to be there, wish we lived closer!! Reminds me of my 30th bday some 4 years ago, your hubster even came(however you guys weren't married yet)! Nice work Jason!
Post a Comment